Sunday, January 5, 2014

My new Kerkstraat mittens are out!

Hi everybody!

I hope you've all had a wonderful Christmas and a happy New Year!

As of later today, I will be starting on a folk high school, which is a sort of six month long course - in my case focused on journalism. I'll be living there for six months, which I'm really excited about, although it's also kind of weird, and I haven't really wrapped my mind around it yet!

Anyways, I just managed to finish my new Kerkstraat pattern before I leave! Yay!


The mittens are made using fingering weight yarn, which makes a very detailed pattern. The Kerkstraat mittens have a cable pattern on one side and a slip stitch palm on the other.

They're knit using the lovely Madelinetosh Tosh Merino Light, which I bought on my trip to Amsterdam last summer - hence the name Kerkstraat, which is a street in Amsterdam.

I'm really excited about this new pattern, and I hope you like it, too!

See you guys!

3 comments:

  1. Yay that sounds good! I hope you have fun and enjoy yourself :-)
    Those mittens are lovely, I'm so happy I was able to test them. Its an amazing pattern and very well written.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful mittens! I love the color purple and the design on the mittens are lovely.
    Lisa
    www.needlesandwool.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for writing, I very much liked your newest post. I think you should post more frequently. you evidently have natural ability for blogging!
    Please don't forget to visit my blog
    http://tamboenman.blogspot.com

    thank you

    ReplyDelete