Sunday, August 5, 2012

My babies have arrived

I have only received a package from Eden Cottage Yarns once before, then known as Wild Fire Fibres, but if I could I would've ordered at Victoria's Etsy shop again and again. She has some lovely fibers and she just seems to have that 'it' when it comes to dyeing her yarns. They're just gorgeous.

This time I wanted to try out two different fibers, so I bought one skein each of the Wensleydale DK in Moss and the Bowland DK in Autumn. For one thing I love that what you see is what you get. It's not always like that when you buy stuff online.



As pretty as it is all wound up in a skein, I wanted to try out one of them right away. Winding up yarn into a ball also gives you the opportunity to feel the structure and elasticity of the material, and in this case I really like the bluefaced leicester, which is what the Bowland DK is made of. Really soft and squidgy but also sturdy without being woolly and scratchy. Can't wait to get it on my needles.

Hope you're all enjoying this sunday afternoon - perhaps also with a nice ball of yarn. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment