Thursday, August 9, 2012

My new friend, the audiobook

I hate when reading keeps me from knitting and knitting keeps me from reading. So what better than to combining those two things and "read" a book while knitting?


I just happened to find out that our library is offering audiobooks for one month at a time. Very ambitiously I downloaded "A Game of Thrones" by George R.R. Martin - it takes none less than 33 hours for the narrater to get through. Well, I've got time. And this reading aloud fits absolutely perfect for my knitting. Usually I take a lot of breaks when I knit - and the same goes for my reading. Normally the only time I get any reading done is right before I go to bed. Otherwise I feel like I have a lot of other things to do.

This is perfect. I get completely sucked into the story all the while knitting like crazy. You should try it. Oh, and for now I'm about half an hour into the book, and I really like it so far. Only 31 and half an hour left. Phew!

1 comment:

  1. Audiobooks are so great! Some years ago i fall in love with them. Last year i listened one while writing my thesis..
    I can't read a book when i prepare myself for exams, like these days. So an audiobook is a good alternative.
    Ohh and the green yarn looks so awesome!

    ReplyDelete