Thursday, September 20, 2012

New cabled mitten pattern on its way

Finally after a lot of frogging and redoing I have finished the first of two mittens I'm working on. Often when I finish a piece, I realize that it was not at all what I expected. Then I change a couple of things and try to get a better match of my original idea. Other times I turn out to be happier with the new result and leave it that way.

Now, after having blocked the first mitten, I'm actually really happy with how it turned out. I can't believe I didn't block my pieces before. Take this mitten for example, which turned out a lot different, and a lot prettier, when having blocked it.


Especially with this type of pattern, it makes a great difference to block the finished piece. I cut out a mitten shaped template of a piece of cardboard, wet the mitten and let it dry over the template.

The orange-reddish skein of yarn on the pictures is the BFL Sock yarn from Eden Cottage Yarns in Autumn, which I'm totally in love with. Really beautiful.

Anyway, the yellow cabled mittens is released very soon. I just have to finish the second mitten and go shoot some pictures afterwards. I hope you're doing well! Are you working on some interesting projects?

No comments:

Post a Comment