Friday, December 28, 2012

Halfway there!

Hi all!

I hope you've all enjoyed the holidays and are all looking forward to welcoming the New Year in a couple of days.

Since last time I checked in, I've made some alterations in the cable pattern on the slouchy hat that I'm working on, and finally I'm actually satisfied with how it has turned out!

It's being blocked right now on a balloon, which is balancing on a mixing bowl - I know, I'm very creative when it comes to blocking hats - so all I have do now is wait. Patiently.



Fortunately, I have a set of matching mittens to knit, too, and I have just wound up the second skein into a ball. I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished set all blocked and ready, together!

Unfortunately, almost all of our snow has melted away during the last couple of days, but I'm hoping that it will return soon - and hopefully just in time for when I'm going out to shoot photos of the set.

As a little surprise, the finished set (consisting of this hat and the matching pair of mittens) will be featured in a KAL in the I Dream in Color group, where there will also be a bunch of prizes, one of which is sponsored by Dream in Color Yarn... I'm hoping to see as many of you joining us as possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment