Thursday, January 10, 2013

Getting closer

The matching mittens for my slouchy beret is almost finished, and after a couple of changes along the way, they have turned out pretty great, I think, and I can't wait to share them with you guys!

Here's a photo that may give you an impression of the finished look, which I rushed out to shoot a couple of minutes ago without wearing shoes. Just a teeny bit cold.

They are knitted in Dream in Color Calm like the hat, but one of my hat testers used Dream in Color Classy, which is very popular on Ravelry, and it looked great! I think Classy may be a little different weight-wise, though, since it's labelled worsted while Calm is labelled light worsted. Slight alterations in needle sizes seem to do the trick, though.

I'm really looking forward to publishing the two finished pattern, which will definitely also be made as an eBook like Rebecca's Winter Set, and I'm also really excited about hosting the KAL in the I Dream in Color Group on Ravelry. A ton of people have already signed up to be earburned when the hat goes live, so hopefully we'll get a handful of people participating in the KAL.

No comments:

Post a Comment