Monday, February 11, 2013

Fingering weight projects

I usually knit DK or upwards, but recently I got a skein of BFL Sock yarn from Eden Cottage Yarns in the beautiful "Autumn" shade, which I started swatching different ideas on. After having published my Pagoda set and having started the KAL which is still going on, I have now had some free time to sit down and work on the fingering weight project.

The BFL Sock is the beautiful burnt orangey color pictured on top that I have been trying out some twists and turns with, which is coming out really well, I think. I'm looking forward to the result, but so far I'm really happy with how the project has turned out since it took a lot of swatching and frogging and counting and re-counting.

The beautiful green color pictured at the bottom is another fingering weight yarn. It's 100% merino as opposed to the Autumn color above, which is 100% Bluefaced Leicester. This one is the beautiful Smitten from the amazing Sweet Clement. The owner of Sweet Clement, Pippa, has the most beautiful colors in her shop, and I had the hardest time choosing one of her yarns.

I decided on "Forest", which is really a lot greener in reality, but the camera has a hard time capturing the right color. I'm thinking that I will use this beautiful colorway for something similar to the twisty cables above.

I'll keep you posted! Don't forget to check out the Pagoda KAL, which has a couple of Dream in Color prizes up for grabs and goes through March 7th!

No comments:

Post a Comment