Monday, May 27, 2013

A big batch of Malabrigo

I just got back from school where I had my written English examination a couple of hours ago, which I think went pretty well, and I got a text on my way home saying that a package had just been delivered to our place.

I never expected it to be the large batch of Malabrigo Chunky that was sent to me only five days ago. And while that may not seem like such a small amount of time, you should know that it has been sent all the way from Uruguay (!) to tiny little Denmark. I didn't expect it to arrive until another three weeks or so!



It's the colorway "Uva", which is slightly less purple in reality. It's incredibly soft and bouncy and the hand-dying gives the color a very unique, variegated color with beautiful tones of purple. I just love it!

I can't wait to get started on my new design with this lovely yarn, which will be some sort of cozy neckwear just perfect for the icy winters of Denmark. The green scarf I showed you earlier is getting longer and longer and fortunately I have a day off tomorrow, which allows for lots and lots of knitting in between Spanish studies for my next written examination on Wednesday.

What are you guys knitting these days?

2 comments:

  1. Neckwear? Yay I'm super excited now! Will we start seeing scarves etc to match your existing designs and have full sets or something totally new?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely color for "neckwear". I'm excited to see what it turns out to be :)

    ReplyDelete