Monday, October 19, 2015

Fall knitting

Back in 2013, I visited Amsterdam with my dad, and we had a wonderful trip. One of the things I brought home from the trip was my very first skein of Madelinetosh yarn, which I carefully picked out in a lovely dark purple-red colorway, "Oxblood". I ended up using the yarn to knit the Kerkstraat mittens, named after one of the streets of Amsterdam.

Fall is pushing its way into the landscape with its chilly winds and heavy rain these days, so I finally pulled out all my hats and gloves the other day, making the change of season official. I started wearing my Kerkstraat mittens again and realized just how much I really like those mittens. I decided to make another pair and ordered another skein of the Tosh Merino Light in the warm red colorway, "Vermilion":


Knitting the mittens again gives me a chance to go through the pattern once more to make sure everything is still the way I want it to be. I'm so excited to knit myself another pair, and especially about yet again working with this beautiful yarn. Although it's a one-ply yarn, it's very hardwearing and my old Kerkstraat mittens still look as good as new. Plus, they're super soft, and the color is so vivid.


I have a lot on my plate right now what with studying and everything, but fortunately I still have room for some knitting every once in a while. I will keep you updated on this second pair of my Kerkstraat mittens. Take care!

2 comments:

  1. That is a seriously gorgeous skein of yarn, it'll make fantastic mittens!

    ReplyDelete